An automatic e36 M3?

demq

This morinig I was over my local dealership to have the valves adjusted, and when I was walking around their parking lot and looking with hungry face on the COOL CARS they sell, I noticed an e36 with M3 badge on it, front lip spoiler, M wheels, steering wheel, but an AUTOMATIC TRANNY [8]....
Are there such M3s or it was just a 330 or something like that with all the M stuff on it????
Just wondering...

sorry but the E36 M3 was actually produced and soled in europe with automatic tranny. you can still buy plenty of them as used cars in the market. actually the late E36 M3 already had SMG

junglestylz

1000 Post Club
There was quite a lot of Auto M3's out there. They actually produced more of them than they were going to because there was a market for them. It is sort of like the four door M3

I don't get it, if you buy an M3 you must get the manual! It is like buying a McLaren F1 with a 3spd automatic, the two don't mix. If you can't drive a stick buy a Neon, sheesh.[8]

mrferg said:
I don't get it, if you buy an M3 you must get the manual! It is like buying a McLaren F1 with a 3spd automatic, the two don't mix. If you can't drive a stick buy a Neon, sheesh.[8]
Actually, you don't want an automatic Neon. They came with 3 speed autos for the longest time (might have finally changed it this year, not sure). I can't believe Chrysler still uses 3 speed automatics. Our 2000 Caravan has a stinking 3 speed auto. [?|]

junglestylz said:
There was quite a lot of Auto M3's out there. They actually produced more of them than they were going to because there was a market for them. It is sort of like the four door M3
there was a 4 door? i thought all the ones on ebay were fake m3s!

logic of people w/ money.. what can you do? as car manufac, if there is a demand, they should meet it, even if it's dumb or not..

i thought when porsche first came up w/ the tiptronic i thought it absurd, but there will always be those that elect for autos.. [?|]

mikev

Bournemouth, England (but still at my desk)
Wadula said:
sorry but the E36 M3 was actually produced and soled in europe with automatic tranny. you can still buy plenty of them as used cars in the market. actually the late E36 M3 already had SMG
what years were they made or was it for all of them. bear in mind i tend to generalise and when i say Europe i usually mean England (maily cause iv'e heard the stories of the, well, "less educated" US citizens ability in geography.) I've never seen an auto M3 over here at all, must be very rare, and there are none for sale that i can see online or at dealers.