Anyone seen "The Transporter"? Which BMW does he drive?

That movie is kool. Its a E34 5 series. I know cause the detective which is trying to bust him talks about it.
I like how he gets so technical about the weight in the car when the bank robbers hire him. Its all classic.

eScotch

I'm no bimmer expert, I am a member researching my next car (bmw) but I have seen that movie many, many times. It's allegedly (acording to the script) a '99 black 7 series. I never noticed before hanging around here but now I notice that in the scene where they talk about the car, the detective says a 765, then Jason Statham says a 735. But the car does have a manual trans.
I can't tell what the car is since all the markings are gone on the back of the car except the roundel.

On the commentary Jason Statham says it’s a V12. Plus in the scene where the car goes off the bridge, two mufflers are visible. As much as I love the 3.5L I don’t think it has enough power to move a 7er like that with four people inside. Probably a 750.

For a while my friends called me the Transporter because of my driving [ohcrap] and my personality. When I had my 535i they fought for the back seat, I told them my current car is faster now they don’t even want to ride with me. [driving2] [burnout] YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

I’m just going buy what Jason says in the Director’s commentary because he was driving the car. IMO, with movies anything is possible. Either way, the movie kicks a$$! [driving2]

ummmm it seems that everyone thinks is a different car! LOL!
yes, in movies anything is possible because i thought that car was much too heavy to move like a feather :) i saw the movie last night.... it rocks.... that guy loves that car more than he loves the little oriental chick.

FX3

DaddysLittleGirl said:
.... it rocks.... that guy loves that car more than he loves the little oriental chick.
I'd love the car more than the chic also.. [:D]

And I would have done the same thing he did to the guys that gave him the briefcase. [chair]

no, wrong

In the movie, little after he washes the car (after the chase), the french cop comes over to talk to the main character, and tells him about a car chase that happened yesterday, "there arn't that many black 1999 745's around, you know anything about the chase?" In the movie they SAY which BMW it is, a 1999 BMW 745
And yeah, that a SWEET driving scene, made all the better with a BMW.

epj3

Q-tuned said:
In the movie, little after he washes the car, the french cop comes over to talk to the main character, and tell him about a car chase that happened yesterday, "there arn't that many black 1999 745's around, you know anything about the chase?" In the movie they SAY which BMW it is.
And yeah, that a SWEET driving scene, made all the better with a BMW.
You're wrong...

I bought the movie lastnight (along with like 5 other movies) and watched it since I never watched it before.

He says in the movie that it's a 99 7-3-5 (says it like that). I just watched it last night...so go watch it [;)]

I really did like that movie though.