To all the Germans

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
Good to finally see some people in Germany on this byaaatchh(pardon my french....wait a minute thats not french.....)!!!!!
Glad your coming back to your motherland to Wadula!!! Keep checking with the Syndikat for carshows coming this spring!!!

and you have no idea how it feels to have the date settled and only two more months to go. i mean, i never felt homesick and never really wanted to go home. but then, when the time comes to bookthe flight and start organizing the farewell, it really hits you...weird.

anyway, i already started to get my bimmer ready to roll again. i call that remote maintenance [hihi]

DrPierceMD said:
yeah cool.... well I just got back from iraq last week and I have been having a blast here since I have been back. I finally got to drive my new car. I sold my 85 318i today and am buying a 88 325i tommorow. Its too bad I have to go back down there on the 12th.

ups kinda late here [8)]

come back in one piece!

did i miss something?

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
Stormy we had a meeting this weekend (my first official meeting) and I was looking forward to meeting you. Wadula told me you were in the Syndikat. Jogi said you had to cancel though[:(]
But thats ok I hope you make it to the next meeting. I was a little bit nervous being the only american there, but after talking to all of the members and sitting down and eating I got along really well with everyone I talked. My girlfriend even hit it off with the girlfriends of the guys (cant remember everyones names yet) who were sitting at our table-maybe I can make her a fanatic too!!! She finally understands a little better the fascination I have with these cars and that I am not alone in being a wierd bmw fanatic.........there are a lot more wierd guys too!!!! and even girls.....Do you know when Wadula will be back? We have to hook up and talk shop and beer.....and lederhosen!!! Anyway schuss!!! Ciao and all that good stuff[bmwkick]

hey there, my flight home will be 12/19/03. somewhen in 04 i will be available for all that nice stuff!!!!
nice to hear you had a good time with the guys and girls. i really envy you, but only a little i promise.

Sounds good. Get me some nice German beer and rent a car and head down the autobahn. Only thing is that I don't know any German. I hate going to countries where I don't know the language. France was fun b/c I could communicate very well, as was western Switzerland. I feel selfish whenever I don't know the native language where I am. Like Mexico. I don't know any spanish. Who knows, maybe I can schedule a German class next semester.

Wadula said:
ahhh....everyone knows english over there. just ask adrean8j. he experienced it. just come on over and it´s promissed you´llhavbe a good time!

Wadula is right. Unfortunitely just about everyone in Germany speaks english. I say unfortunitely because there is now incentive to learn german and as I have been there for over two years now I still don't know hardly any German. I feel stupid.

Well yeah, but I wouldn't be able to hold a conversation if I wanted too. And I am constantly buying part for my cars and it is sometimes hard to explain what I need. But everything always works out.

okay, the little car talk 101

fender = kotfluegel
bumper = stossstange
front = vorne
rear = hinten
side = seite
left = links
right = rechts
rims = felgen (felge singular)
wheels = raeder (rad singular)
shocks/damper = stossdaempfer
springs = federn (fahrwerksfedern)
low beams = fahrlicht
high beams = fernlicht
prop shaft = antriebswelle
fuse = sicherung
hard wired = verkabelt
seat = sitz
pedal = pedal
stick shift = handschaltung (=manual shift)
transmission = getriebe
oil = oel
brake fluid = bremsfluessigkeit

more to come when my brain colled down!